By clicking “I agree” on the www.immc.in website registration page the applicant confirms that he/she has carefully read the terms and conditions for registration and selection as a volunteer motorsport marshal (hereinafter referred to as Marshal) with the Indian Motorsport Marshal Club (IMMC) and fully agree with them.
And that he/she fully understands and agrees that IMMC reserves the right to accept or reject any application for the position of a volunteer motorsport marshal without assigning any reason whatsoever. And that IMMC may change these terms and conditions without any notice at any time and that he/she agrees to abide by the changes.
Minimum registration requirements
Applicants need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age as on the date of registration.
- Have access to the Internet and a valid email address and be able to provide a valid mobile number for voice and SMS communications.
- Must have a government issued photo id and proof of age and address to provide to IMMC for verification.
- Be physically able and medically fit in order to perform his/her duties.
- Be fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Should attend stipulated minimum scheduled training and briefing sessions each year as advised by IMMC from time to time.
- Must be able to volunteer time and effort as and when called for during events at Race Tracks or otherwise related to the organization of motorsport activities.
- Should not have been barred from joining motorsport related activities by any motorsport organization in India or Internationally.
- Be able to fully understand that Motorsports is dangerous and take adequate precautions for his/her safety.
- All volunteers, marshals and officials need to register online at www.immc.in. If unable to register online, please download the form and send a filled, signed copy to IMMC office within the stipulated time.
- Online registration shall be opened from time to time based on requirement and need for various motorsport events. Please observe the website and our social media pages for details.
- Applicants are required to provide details such as full names, contact information, photographs and photo ids for IMMC records. IMMC reserves the right to use this information for its own use as well as the use of its associate organizations as they see fit.
- Registration does not in any way guarantee selection as an IMMC member. Selection is subject to various parameters such as experience, physical ability, knowledge, completion of written and practical evaluations and other minimum requirements.
- Registrants must ensure that all information and details entered in the registration form are accurate as at the date of registration to the best of his / her knowledge. Any falsification or concealment of information shall lead to instant disqualification of the applicant.
- All registrants must be able to commit to time schedules, both for training and actual event days, provided on IMMC website and communicated via emails, SMS and IMMC website. Training and briefing dates and times provided on the website are tentative and are subject to change. Should there be any changes to schedules, the website will be updated immediately and applicants will be informed via registered email and/or SMS.
- Any changes in your contact details should be communicated immediately to email@example.com detailing the changes clearly and accurately.
- Preference will be accorded to registrants with relevant motorsports or volunteering experience.
- Applicants who register successfully on IMMC website will be notified through their email with an acknowledgement. All applications shall be scrutinized and all shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend the mandatory orientation, training and selection workshop whose venue and time shall be advised via email. IMMC shall try to organize these workshops on weekends to avoid inconvenience and disruption to working applicants.
- All applicants who are not shortlisted shall not be notified and their details shall stay on the IMMC database for future use or for a future workshop. It must be noted that we will have limited slots for workshop and not all applicants can be processed in one workshop.
- All applicants are required to attend the designated workshop to complete their evaluation process following which they shall be granted provisional membership of IMMC and assigned to further training and certification. Please be prepared to undergo a written test and a short interview. These are mandatory requirements for IMMC membership.
- Please ensure that you reach at the appointed time and prepare to carry your credentials and a copy of a government issued photo id with the original for verification. Please also carry a passport size photo, pen and writing paper. Only shortlisted applicants shall be allowed to attend the selection process and the documents shall be verified at entry.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All Marshals are required to act in accordance with, but not limited to, the following stipulations:
- Marshals shall report punctually for all scheduled training activities and on the Event Days.
- Marshals shall act in a professional manner during training and while on duty.
- Marshals shall not publicly behave, act or speak in such manner that is (or may be construed as) detrimental, prejudicial or offensive to the Event, the Event Organizer or its associated organizations and sponsors (and their agents and employees).
- Marshals shall not gamble or place any wager in relation to the Event or its outcome in whatever way and form.
- Marshals must treat any property, credentials and equipment assigned or issued to them with care and return promptly when asked to do so.
- Marshals shall observe the appropriate dress code, cleanliness and appearance and, if required to wear, shall maintain in a clean and presentable condition the Event apparel or uniform issued by the Event Organiser (or its sponsors) in its entirety and without modification. Accreditation passes shall be worn and displayed at all times where applicable.
- Marshals recognize that the Event, by its very nature, carries a certain level of risks and dangers, and shall therefore exercise due care and caution at all times.
- Marshals shall comply with all rules and regulations governing the Event and all instructions from the Administrator and Event Organiser (during non-Event days) or from the Race Control (during the Event days).
- The Administrator in the allocation of positions may take personal preferences of Marshals into consideration, among other factors like relevant skills, experience, aptitude and availability of vacancies. The discretion to allocate the suitable positions rests solely with the Administrator and Event Organiser. There is no guarantee of any preferred positions.
- Marshals are not to give media interviews, disclose any information nor make any comments to the media on behalf of the Administrator or Event Organiser, without prior written approval from the Administrator or Event Organiser.
- Marshals are to practice good online etiquette (social media platforms, online forums, etc), regardless of respective privacy settings. Marshals are not to post confidential or proprietary information, pictures or footage pertaining to the Administrator, Event Organiser and Event without prior written approval from Administrator or Event Organiser.
- Marshals must comply with all national laws, statutes, rules, codes of practice, regulations or by-laws, in force from time to time.
DISMISSAL OF MARSHALS
The Administrator and Event Organiser reserve the right to remove any Marshal from his/ her duties at any time due to, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Failure to disclose any prior medical or physical condition that may be considered by the Administrator and Event Organiser to be inappropriate or likely to adversely affect the ability of the Marshal to perform his / her duties safely and competently.
- Failure to submit indemnity form where relevant.
- Failure to attend any scheduled training or any of the Event Days.
- Dishonesty of any nature (including, but not limited to, provision of false information during registration).
- Theft of any nature.
- Misdemeanors or any other behavior deemed inappropriate by the Event Organiser, Administrator, Sponsors, or associated organizations.
- Failure to abide by any pre-determined rules or regulation set in place by the Administrator and Event Organizer
RIGHTS OF THE ADMINISTRATOR AND EVENT ORGANISER
- The Administrator and Event Organiser reserve the right to modify, make addition to, or amend the Conditions and Policies without notice. All decisions made by the Administrator and Event Organiser shall be final.
- The Administrator and Event Organiser reserve the right to decide and amend all appointments for the Event at its sole discretion.
- All materials provided to the Marshals are protected by copyright. No part of the materials may be reproduced, distributed, republished, hyperlinked or transmitted in any manner or by any means without the prior written permission of the Administrator or Event Organiser.
- Marshals undertake not to divulge or communicate to any person or party any Confidential Information however acquired or received by them relating to the Event, Administrator or the Event Organiser without the prior written permission of the Administrator and/or Event Organiser. Marshals shall not make use of the Confidential Information for any unauthorized purpose. “Confidential Information” means any document that is marked confidential or any communication that by the nature of its content is obviously confidential to a reasonable person.